Job Summary / General Description:
Average Pay: $69,000 per year
Accelerated pay based on experience
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Day 1 benefits: medical, dental, vision, and company paid life
401(k) with an annual company match and paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days
Home time: All our routes are 1 day, so you’re home with your family a lot more
McLane Macon serves customers in the Southeast United States
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We’re looking for teammates with perseverance, that don’t mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we’ll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that’s an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You’re the person they see week after week. You’ll develop strong relationships with our customers that create value and trust. The variety of tasks you’ll perform on each route will ensure you’re never bored. You’ll deliver and unload products safely and on-time to multiple stops each route.
All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old
You must have a valid CDL Class A license and at least 1 year or 50,000 miles
Essential job functions / Principal Accountabilities:
Stacking and sorting delivered goods
Pickups as needed
Pre- and post-trip equipment/vehicle checks
Unloading via ramp and hand cart
Securing empty pallets in truck
Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
Returning equipment following use
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a physical assessment and drug test before hire.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid CDL Class A License
- Minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience
- Must meet McLane’s MVR and Risk Rating qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Requires high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity in the control of tractor-trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
- All prospective teammates must undergo physical strength assessment, drug test, as well as a background check.