Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2018:FIRs is inviting applications from Nigerian Graduate for enrollment in service. This article will guide you on how to apply for recruitment, criteria involve and lot more. Stay focus and read through.
Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS Tax) is a compulsory levy imposed on the income of individuals, corporate bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures. The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce.
FIRS Recruitment Descriptions
- Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
FIRS Recruitment Responsibilities
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
FIRS Recruitment Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
Click here to Apply for Recruitment